COMPETITION SCHEDULE & PLACE
- Preliminary Round : Wednesday, 24 September, 9.30 a.m. / Daejeon Museum of Art
- Semifinal Round : Thursday, 25 September, 9.30 a.m. / Daejeon Museum of Art
- Final Round : Saturday, 27 September, 6.00 p.m. / Daejeon Arts Center, Ensemble Hall
- ※ Schedules are subject to change depending on the situation.
- ※ If necessary the preliminary & semifinal round will be continued on the next day morning
- Preliminary Round
- Set piece: any etude from H. Villa-Lobos (free choice)
- Plus a piece of free choice
- ※ 8 minutes maximum all together
- Semifinal Round (10-14 competitors will be selected from the preliminary round)
- Set piece: any piece from J.S.Bach : Suites, Sonatas, Partitas
- Plus one or more pieces of free choice (J.S.Bach can be also selected as free choice)
- ※ 15 minutes maximum all together
- Final Round (around four competitors will be selected from the semifinal)
- One or more pieces of free choice
- ※ 25 minutes minimum and 30 minutes maximum all together.
- ※No repetition from the first two rounds.
- ※ Change of repertoires is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Application Limit
- - The international competition is open to candidates over the age of 13 (Birth of Date before 31 Dec 2001), or who are studying or have graduated secondary (middle school) or equivalent level of education.
- Application Period
- Monday, 25 August, 2014 ~ Saturday, 30 August, 2014
- ※ Total numbers of the competitors are limited to 30 based on original application order.
- How To Apply
- Please download the Application Form at the homepage http://www.djigf.com
- Then, send Application Form by email.
- ※ Email:email@example.com / Phone : +82-10-3910-0100
- The participation fee of 100 US dollars should be paid no later than 31 August 2013 by the bank transfer to the bank account indicated below. If payment is not made by 31 August, the application is regarded to be cancelled.
However, if payment by bank transfer is not available or it accompanies technical problems, the participation fee can be paid on the date of competition.
- Bank: HANA BANK
- Branch: 101-1, 1KA EULJI-RO, CHUNG-KU, SEOUL, KOREA
- Account Number: 659-910485-41707
- Account Holder: LEE, JEONG SU
- Swift Code: HNBNKRSE
- ※ The participation fee is not refundable.
- ※ Five copies of scores for all free repertoires must submited directly on the date of competition.
- ※ Failure to submit copies of scores may result in a penalty point in evaluating the grade of execution. The judges can consider whether to impose penalty points within the range of three points at their own discretion.
- The Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Republic of Korea Prize, 8 million won (Korean currency, approximately 7,600 US dollars) plus Luthier Lee Hyeong-kyu Classical Guitar Model 500 (Korean currency, approximately 4,700 US dollars)
- Second prize : The Mayer of Daejeon Prize, 4 million won (Korean currency, approximately 3,800 US dollars) plus Luthier Kim Jeong Gug Classical Guitar Model 320 (Korean currency, approximately 3,000 US dollars)
- Third prize : The President of Daejeon Foundation for Culture and Arts Prize 2.5 million won (Korean currency, approximately 2,400 US dollars)
- Third prize : The Chairman of Daejeon International Guitar Festival Committee Prize, 2.5 million won (Korean currency, approximately 2,400 US dollars)
- The judge panel will be composed of international guitarists or music professors.
- The date and time of each round will be notified only through the official website of this competition http://www.djigf.com, and no individual contact will be made.
- All contacts with the media must be made through and with the approval of the Committee. The competitors will be required to be available for any media-related arrangements made by the Competition.
- The Committee reserves the exclusive rights, without additional fees payable to the competitors, to:① Record audio or video materials and broadcast all the rounds of the Competition including the rehearsals, Opening Ceremony, and Award Ceremony by television or radio, internet, cable networks in Korea or abroad.
② Record, reproduce and arrange for the reproduction of performances in the competition on CD, SACD, sound track, audio cassette, video cassette, video disc or CD-ROM/CDI, DVD, minidisk, or any other existing or future medium.
- The submitted documents and participation fee cannot be refunded.
- All the participant or their representatives must be gathered at the registration desk at 09:00 a.m. on the first day of competition to determine the order the performance by a draw.
- The chief judge reserve the right to stop the performance for procedural reasons.
- No member of the judge can vote for a competitor who she/he teaches.
- All the decisions are final and irreversible.
- The jury bears the responsibility of confidentiality regarding the information obtained during the competition.
- Performance times will be strictly observed. The judge can stop the performance, and the performances which exceed the specified time limit may be receiving a cut in marks.
- In case of a tie in the final round, the performance in the previous round will be considered.
- The Jury reserves the right to withhold awards without prior notice.
- All stages of the competition are open to the public.
- The names of the selected competitors from each round will be posted on the competition venue after the competition.
- All the participants are required to provide current contact (address and telephone number).
- The change in the repertoire is not permitted and would result in disqualification.
- Competitors are responsible for all accommodation, meal and travel expenses.
- Participants are requested to make their hotel reservation by themselves.
- TOYOKO-INN HOTEL(www.toyoko-inn.com).
- Festival committee is willing to help the reservation for the accommodation for the participants and their companions. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org